200 Days - Staying the Course

200 Days!  

In only 6 1/2 months, I'll be in Key West!  Time is flying quickly.  I'm mentally prepared for the big move, but it has been hard the last few weeks to keep focused on the future.  (That's kind of the reason I haven't updated my blog.)  

As crazy as it seems...I've been working non-stop towards this goal and now that I am getting closer to reality, I feel like I'm running out of steam.  

But, I always get by with a little help from my friends and last week Courtney Aman, owner/trainer Old Town Fitness sent me this wonderful piece of advice.
  "Here's a tip for you in your quest to live down here in paradise like we fortunate ones. Imagine that you already live here and actually act as if you do--feel it. I promise you it will come to pass, don't worry about the 'how', just concentrate on the goal line."
 So, to keep on track, pretend I am already there and imagining myself walking on the beach  I went out and bought the PERFECT Key West beach dress. 


I was only $14.99 at Ross, and as you might know (or not) there is a Ross Dress for Less in Key West.  In fact, it's one of the only places for the locals to shop on the island for discount clothes, shoes and housewares.

Let's go to the beach - Key West Inspirational Video of the Day

 
Sheryl Crow - I'm gonna soak up the sun
  
Key West Inspirational Quote of the Day: 


 Key West Get-Away of the Day:  BIKES

There are more bikes on the island than cars.  Biking is a way of life.  My goal is to walk or ride everywhere I possibly can as long as I live on the Rock. We have every imaginable bike you could every imagine in Key West.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
 
How apropos?  A bike rack that looks like a bike!
Key Lime Bike Tours

Key West Author Judy Blume on her Captain Outrageous bike



How to make sure your bike doesn't get stolen.
Bikes even become part of the street performances
Bikes are as colorful as their owners
Picutesque - Key West Vacation Rentals
Key West Bicycle Association Lighted Bike Parade
Bike as life in Key West
Not an unusual site
Delivery bike for 5 Brothers Grocery and Sandwich Shop
I've never been able to find out this guys name
But I do like his creativity

Bikes even come equipped with chickens in Key West
 
Is it a bike or is it art?  Captain Outrageous bike
These photos don't belong to me but came by the way of Alan Snel's Bicycle/Travel Stories and others who live or visit Key West.  I have tried to attribute them the best I can, but if you know who the bike or picture belongs too please let me know.

I hope you have enjoyed the ride!


Keep your toes in the sand and keep reaching for the stars...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell the world how much you love Key West!