216 Days to Paradise - We're going to the beach

Every night when I climb into bed, I lay there in the dark trying to fall asleep.  It's never been easy for me.  I've always been an insomniac.  (It's in my DNA).  Twenty minutes later and I'm still wide awake.  I just can't turn off my brain.  

But over the last few years I have learned a trick to help me relax.  I play my favorite beach song in my head.



I think about Key West.  The first thing I do is think about laying on the beach, running my fingers through the sands. 


 I love the the sound of the birds flying overhead, the wind in my hair.




 I can hear happy people laughing as their scooters buzz by, honking their horns. 


I can smell the salt in the air carrying the fragrant aromas from the beach restaurants 

Salute' on the Beach

Salute' on the Beach

 
Salute' on the Beach
 and the sounds of steel drums.

Key West Steel Drum Band


the laughter of everyone playing sand volleyball

The whisper of the breeze through the palm trees....


Hear dogs barking in the background


 And roosters crowing in the distance



 Now, go get your swimsuit on, WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH!


Keep your feet in the sand and reach for the stars...


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I think you've managed to cover a day at the beach pretty well ... great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Tell the world how much you love Key West!