Inspiring Minds Wanna Know!

For 1703 days I have been dreaming and planning to move to Key West.

I wake up every single morning to Jimmy Buffett as my alarm. 




That is a long time to hold on to the inspiration.  But I am the kind of person who doesn't let go of something once I've made a decision.  I've met too many people in my life who never even attempt to live their dreams - I am not one of them.


 So I...


And this is where I wanted to be...


Mile Marker 0, Key West, Florida Keys, Florida, USA Photographic Poster Print by Terry Eggers, 48x64

And while money can't buy happiness...


 
Sooooo, since I couldn't be there physically, I could be there mentally! 
I changed the color of my hair from Bright Auburn to Beachy Blond!


And while I will never give up my love for designer shoes...


I traded this...






















For this!




And I traded this...












For a life of happiness on an island!  











Soooo, for all you beach lovers who need a little push, here are some words of inspiration to help you through the day...

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. -Harriet Tubman

Inspirational Key West Pic of the Day: 

                       
 


Yummmmmmmmmmm!

8 comments:

  1. SURE YOU CAN -BE MY PLEASURE--THANKS,,,throught the eyes of a conch -Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...since I couldn't be there physically, I could be there mentally!

    Was down in Key West last January when the Disney Magic stopped there for the day. It was my second visit and I had a hard time getting back on the ship to leave.

    Had to go for the mental habitation thing myself, even now I see myself on a bar stool at the Green Parrot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in key west July 14 -18 just cause I was in FL and had to go somewhere. Nice place to visit. Not sure I could live there but still thinking on it. I already live on an island and can boat, swim, snorkel,dive, beach it, visit another island etc. Don't want to own a boat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunny K -- love your new look. Blonde, summery clothes, smiles - all looks great on you. Your shoe collection is really out of this world... so funny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, life is full of possibilties for those with a dream and plans to make it happen. We will be visiting the region later this year checking out potential locations for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you didn't give up all those great shoes! I admire any woman who follows her dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! We're also on the same journey ... giving it all up for sailboats and beaches. Great inspiration! See you in the Keys next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! It took me four years to get to South Florida and I'm finally here! Now we just need YOU and poodle here!

    Danika Dahl (the other beach and poodle chick)
    http://www.i-love-delray-beach.com/Delray-Beach-blog.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell the world how much you love Key West!