I get by with a little help from my friends...

It takes a village to raise a child. 

It takes a whole lot of  positive energy and love from your friends and family to move across the country by yourself. 

So many people have said to me "I would love to move to _________, but I have to take care of my (mom,dad,grandmother, etc).  Maybe after their gone I'll travel".  My mother, who is in her 70's said to me, "Go to Key West,  Don't waste your life staying here taking care of me.  I want to see  you realize your dreams before I die."

Being of strong Irish blood, being Travelers is in our DNA.   Here is some of the Murray Clan. My mother in the middle.  Me on right surrounded by some of my nieces and nephews and one of my daughters.  All of them adventurous, all of them Travelers.


But positive energy and love can come from people who you have never met.  People who share the same dream as you.  People who love Mother Ocean.  People who want to protect the environment. People whose soul is fed by the waves.

People like  ShellBelle in her Tiki Hut!  She sent me the most wonderful comment and she is having a beach party and invited me.  And just like in Key West, when you get invited to a party, you invite everyone you know.

Well, ShellBelle is having a celebrations called "Worlds Ocean's Day" on June 8, 2011.




So, I hope to see you there!

Sunny K West

2 comments:

  1. Your mom has given you some great advice!! Great family pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny, you MADE my day! I already just adore you and now I feel the same way about your mom for supporting you in this big change.

    Can't wait for you to get here, honey, we're going to have so much FUN!!!! Oh, and we're going to save our oceans at the same time!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Tell the world how much you love Key West!