It's a Dogs Life...

Moving day is quickly upon me and I still have to make a decision about Mr. Mooney.  He is the best dog in the world and as silly as it seems, one of the huge reasons of why it has taken me so long to get moved is the dog.


I can't bring myself to let someone adopt Mr. Mooney, but I also can't see making that poor dog sit at home 12 hours a day by himself while I work two jobs. And Key West being what it is, I may have to work 12 hours a day. Currently, we have a huge house and a huge fenced yard and two balconies that Mr. Mooney can play in all he wants.  And we live in a very small neighborhood, so on the days when he runs away, it's in a neighborhood where he can always find his way home.


When I mentioned that I might have to leave him behind in yesterday's blog, someone actually commented 
" I can't believe you would leave behind that sweet dog. Not sure your a key west type to even consider such a thing."

Well, I am actually thinking of the dog.  He is a rambunctious Poodle puppy who has never been in a car for more than 30 minutes.  I would be driving across 5 Southern States, by myself, staying in a hotel at night, navigating the maps AND bringing a hyper dog with me.  If I had a reliable traveling companion, it would be much simpler.  But, like I said, IT'S COMPLICATED!  


Then there is the issue of finding a place to live.  Mr. Mooney is used to having a yard.  That may be not be possible.  Seventy five percent of the ads I have answered for Rooms for Rent or even apartments have said no pets.  In the mean time, I got Mr. Mooney groomed for the trip, so at least he won't be a smelly dog.


It's not like I am going to abandon him.  He might just go on an extended play date with my family till I get settled in Key West.  I have to come back to Texas in August or September and get my furniture.


He love kids and he has baby Roman to play with now.  It may be hard for him to be away from the kids.  Decisions must be made.