Happy 5th Anniversay!

Five years ago today, I stepped on The Rock.  Within the first five minutes of arriving, I knew Key West was my home.  From that moment on I have been working towards getting to the Southermost City, and in 257 days I will be there.

I received this card in my email today and I thought I would share it.

There have been a few bumps and bruises along the way.  A couple of steps backwards, a detour or two, but I never changed my mind.  I never doubted by decision.  

I've talked about moving so much that my friends, family, co-workers and total strangers are sick to death hearing about it.  But that's OK.  By talking about it, I have kept the dream alive.

INSPIRATIONAL VIDEO OF THE DAY:

 Zac Brown & Jimmy Buffett -Knee Deep

Sing along now! (since so many people ask, here are all the lyrics)

Gonna put the the world away for a minute
Pretend I don't live in it
Sunshine gonna wash my blues away

Had sweet love but I lost it
She got too close so I fought her
Now I'm lost in the world trying to find me a better way

Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise there's a fire in the sky
Never been so happy
Never felt so high
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise

Wrote a note said be back in a minute
Bought a boat and I sailed off in it
Don't think anybody gonna miss me anyway

Mind on a permanent vacation
The ocean is my only medication
Wishing my condition ain't ever gonna go away

Cause now im knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze blowing wind through my hair

Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise there's a fire in the sky
Never been so happy
Never felt so high
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise

This champagne shore washing over me
It's a sweet sweet life living by the salty sea
One day you could be as lost as me
Change you're geography
Maybe you might be

Knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze blowing wind through my hair
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise there's a fire in the sky
Never been so happy
Never felt so high
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise

Come on in the water it's nice
Find yourself a little slice
Grab a backpack of lies
You never know until you try
When you lose yourself
You find the key to paradise

 Second BIG event of the day...Mr. Mooney is 4 years old today!
Happy Birthday Mr. Mooney!


I have received a bunch of well-wishes today, but my favorite was from Gary McAdams, who ask me if I wanted to go on a boat ride....here is what he sent.



Isn't that adorable?  I want one (or two) or even maybe a whole fleet!. 

And my favorite email today contained this....a message from a very special friend in Key West! 


Thanks for all the support and inspiration on my journey to Key West.  I love you all.

 

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you are on the countdown, with less than an year to go. I think my destiny is somewhere in FL too, but where..., I really wish I knew. Love the boat planter..., and the cupcakes are super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Tell the world how much you love Key West!