The Final Countdown

I woke up on Monday December 19, 2011 and I knew that today was going to be different. Just so I can wake up every morning with a smile on my face, my alarm is Margaritaville!

It was typical cold, wet, foggy, slick, overcast South Texas winter day and I wasn't having any of that. I'm driving to work, through endless traffic, sleepy drivers and fender-benders, listening to JB, singing at the top of my lungs 


"IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE"!


I finally make it to work and plop down in my cubicle that I call home 9 1/2 hours a day and christen the day with "The Daily KW Catechism" - the reading of The Key West Citizen!  My favorite part is the pulse of Key West, the"Citizen's Voice".  It never fails to make me laugh or cry, or laugh so hard I cry.

As I closed sermon for the day, I look over at the Rob O'Neals Key West Calendar and realize in less than two weeks I won't have a current calendar, and I better get on the ball and order one.  That was when I realized that instead of looking at Key West on the page of a calendar in 2012, I should be looking at the Key West beach on my way to work every morning next year.

So, I scrapped my morning sales calls and sat down and wrote down everything I need to do before I could move.  When I got to the bottom of the list, the page was completely full.  But the reality is the list was only ONE PAGE LONG!

It took me a week to go through the whole list, but everything is manageable, if I get on the ball, quit procrastinating and budget my time and money right. The first step is writing it all down.  If you can see it, you can believe it, you can achieve it. 


LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN: 

279 days from today

October 1, 2012

I will be on my way to Key West! 

Join me for the adventure!




1 comment:

Tell the world how much you love Key West!