Happiness Prevails!


Sorry I have posted anything lately.  It's not like I didn't want to.  But I believe that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything.  So, instead of bringing everyone down with my reality, I just took a break.

So to get started off on the right foot...
Today's Key West Inspirational Video -  Key West Address by James T. Slater

 


 Now that I got your rump shakin', here is the NOT so fun stuff.  

Stress - The Silent Killer

This life events scale is based on the theory that good and bad events in a person’s life can increase stress levels.
Here’s how to use the scale.
  • If an event has taken place in your life in the last 12 months, copy the number beside the event.
  • If a particular event has happened to you more than once within the last 12 months, multiply the value (number beside the life event) by the number of occurrences.
  • Add them up to obtain the total score.
For example, in the last 12 months if you have experienced the death of a spouse (100) and a personal injury (53) your total would be 153.
  1. Death of a spouse 100
  2. Divorce 73
  3. Marital Separation 65
  4. Jail term 63
  5. Death of a close family member 63
  6. Personal injury or illness 53
  7. Marriage 50
  8. Fired at work 47
  9. Marital reconciliation 45
  10. Retirement 45
  11. Change in health of family member 44
  12. Pregnancy 40
  13. Sex difficulties 39
  14. Gain of a new family member 39
  15. Business readjustments 39
  16. Change in financial state 38
  17. Death of a close friend 37
  18. Change to different line of work 36
  19. Change in number of arguments with spouse 35
  20. Mortgage over $ 50,000 31
  21. Foreclosure of mortgage 30
  22. Change in responsibilities at work 29
  23. Son or daughter leaving home 29
  24. Trouble with in-laws 29
  25. Outstanding Personal achievements 28
  26. Spouse begins or stops work 26
  27. Begin or end school 26
  28. Change in living conditions 25
  29. Revision of personal habits 24
  30. Trouble with boss 23
  31. Change in work hours or conditions 20
  32. Change in residence 20
  33. Change in school 20
  34. Change in recreation 19
  35. Change in religious activities 19
  36. Change in social activities 18
  37. Loan less than 50,000 17
  38. Change in sleeping habits 16
  39. Change in number of family get-togethers 15
  40. Change in eating habits 15
  41. Single Person Living Alone 14
  42. Vacation 13
  43. Holidays 12
  44. Minor violation of laws 11 
What’s Your Score?

 Add all your numbers together to get the total. The higher the number, the higher your stress level.
Your level of susceptibility to illness, disease and mental health problems increases with stressful events happening in your life.
Every time you have a change in your life, you need to adapt, regain stability and therefore maintain health.
The higher your score, the more effort and diligence you will need to relieve stress and tension.
Here’s how you determine your score for the stressful life events list:
  • Low - if your score is Below 149
  • Mild - if your score is Between 150-200
  • Moderate - if your score is Between 200-299
  • High - if your score is Above 300
How did you do with the Stressful Life Events List? If your score put you in the moderate to high range, then you need to address your stress level--right away.
You are in danger of having stress affect your overall health--and it may be already interfering with your abilities to function normally and handle everyday issues.
It is very important that you develop a personal stress management plan, and get to work right away to reduce stress and tension in your life!


MY SCORE IS 669!
 
ISN'T THAT CRAZZZEEEEE? 
 
 
But you know what?  I'm happy!  (I'm not happy that I have had that much stress), but I mean I AM HAPPY!  I'm a happy person to begin with, so it isn't that hard for me.  All I have to do is go to my "Happy Place" in my head and I can make myself put it all in perspective.

Here is one of my Happy Places! 

This Dog Beach in Key West - Photo by Chris Rehm

Doesn't that look lovely?  I can bike down to the beach, take Mr. Mooney in my basket and get both of us some Rest & Relaxation!
It's located right next door to Louie's Backyard at 700 Waddell, on Higgs Beach.  As far as I know, it's the only beach you can take your dog to.

Here's where Dog Beach is located!   So next time you come to town and bring your pup, bring him on down to Higgs Beach!


Chris' two sweeties Cajun & Tooloulou

So, I found this picture last week, and now I can't remember who sent it to me, who took it or even, who it is, but you have to see this! (If you know any of the above, let me know!)



Key West Sunset Picture of the Day:
This was taken last night by Connie Smoot aboard the Topsail Schooner Wolf.  Isn't it lovely too?


 Key West Work-Out of the Day: 
Hula-Hooping on the Beach.  Jill Cassell is having fun Hooping on White Street Pier.  



Well, that's all for today.  I'm going to be posting more often, with shorter posts you can stay happy in Paradise!  


Luvya!





4 comments:

  1. Really pretty sunset or sunrise photo... meet stress head on!! - go to the beach! I am confused - are you in key west??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I absolutely love that snorkeling photo! Very cute and special. I hope you did not do too many free dives...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures!

    Hope to get back down that way someday.

    Although, I do the mental transporter thing and imagine myself at Blue Heaven or the Green Parrot at least once a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're with you on the stress level! But, happiness comes from within and like you, we're determined to wake up with a smile on our face everyday and keep working towards our dream. See you in paradise someday!

    ReplyDelete

Tell the world how much you love Key West!