Key West Lobster Mini Season

If you love lobster as much as I love lobster you will want to know everything there is about Mini-Lobster Season!

 
Years ago, the State of Florida created a short season that allows recreational fishermen to catch lobster before the commercial season begins.  In Key West, the limit is 6 per person, per day.  So, before the lobstermen drop their traps, YOU can get a jump on them by heading out early and grabbing a few for yourself.

 

Can you see yourself? 

 This is what you are looking for!

 
I always recommend bringing your own equipment.  The first time I went with on a dive charter and their equipment was old and worn out.  After that I always use my own. 



This is what you will need:
  • Mask, fins, snorkel (or your dive gear)
  • Net
  • Tickle sticks with measurer attached
  • Gloves
  • Catch bag
 

Make sure you measure!

 

Always wear a glove!


If you get lucky, you will get your bag limit and have a lot of fun in the process.


If you get really lucky you might see one of these (but I never have and I've never known anyone else who has either!)


 Wouldn't you LOVE to get one this big?


A word of advice - always review the rules and regulations with Florida Fish & Wildlife .

Have fun, be safe and don't forget to wear "Reef Safe" Sunscreen!

Don't forget to check out my Sunny K West store for cool Key West stuff!

Vintage Jimmy Buffett Poster - Mint Condition $35
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell the world how much you love Key West!